Letter from Elders
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE ELDERS - CLOVIS CHURCH OF CHRIST
Brothers & Sisters in Christ,
The Elders have been in regular contact this week assessing the ever-changing situation, keeping up with State and local orders regarding measures that must be taken to slow the spread of COVID-19 and most importantly discussing our commitment to continue to “shepherd the flock among you” during this challenging time (I Peter 5:2). We remain a strong, local body of Christians committed to serving God and worshiping Him together. Please read these important announcements:
- Sunday Morning Worship will not meet in person at the building but will be live-streamed on the Clovis Church of Christ Facebook page at 10:30am so we can be together online.
- Sunday Morning Worship Live-Streamed - The worship service will include prayer, singing praises to God with the words of the song displayed, the Lord’s Supper and a sermon from God’s word.
- Access - The Elders and other members are contacting everyone to determine who may need assistance or someone with a device to stream the service with. If you are aware of someone that needs assistance or is unsure, please have them contact one of the Elders.
- Communion - For those who would like to pick up communion emblems to have in your home, it will be available to pick-up at the church building on Saturday from 10am to 12pm. Pending the weather, it will be available outside so you can drive-up and pick-up. Some of you already may have your own. The Elders are reaching out to all members to determine those who may need assistance by having the emblems delivered.
- Giving – We are working on a method to “give” on the first day of the week electronically or via a mobile app. This may not be ready by Sunday, but we will let you know. Some have indicated that they will mail a check (2123 Bullard Ave, Clovis, CA 93611).
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study will not meet in person at the building but will meet virtually online and be live-streamed on the Clovis Church of Christ Facebook page with an encouraging mid-week Bible Study presented by Travis.
Based on what we are hearing, it is likely that we will need to meet in this way for at least 2 weeks or more. Many have asked how they can help during this time. Brethren, we do need your help to check in on members of this church family who may have needs that are both spiritual and physical.
To help us remember, these are three “C”s that are important (Thank you to Steve Johnson for the concept):
- Connection – We are committed to providing as many opportunities for connection with other believers in the church remotely or in small groups while respecting guidelines that protect all members. I Corinthians 12:27 reads “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.
- Content – We are committed to providing Biblical teaching, encouragement and edification. 2 Timothy 4:2 reads “preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.”
- Care – We are committed to comforting those who are vulnerable, alone, sick and cannot leave their dwellings. Many have offered to help, and this will be an opportunity to be like the early church who “...have everything in common” and were prepared “...to give to anyone who had need” (Acts 2).
Stay tuned for more opportunities to help. We’d like to leave you with a passage of scripture that we encourage you to read and meditate on this week. Psalm 91 is a beautiful passage about the security of the one who trusts in the Lord. It reads in verse 2 - “I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!”. Brethren, our trust remains in the Lord and He remains our refuge and fortress!
God Bless you and your family.
The Elders of the Clovis Church of Christ