Update from Elders
Clovis Church of Christ Family,
The Elders had a very productive Shepherding meeting last night as we discussed and considered where we are today and how we move forward. Although we are pleased with progress and how everyone has come together during these difficult times, our desire to is have as many opportunities to both worship and study God’s word as we can do safely and with maximum participation. As the world has been focused on physical health concerns, we also want to be certain that your spiritual health is first and foremost.
To that end, the Elders met last night and after careful consideration, prayer and consultation with the County’s Public Health Department we are pleased to announce the following changes that enhance opportunities to maintain and grow spiritually:
Changes Beginning This Week (Week of September 20th)
- Sunday Evening - Beginning tomorrow, Sunday, September 20th, we will be meeting in-person at the church building for Sunday evening services outside (in the same way we’ve been meeting on Sunday mornings). This will include offering the Lord’s Supper for those who could not attend on Sunday morning at the end. The service will also be livestreamed as we have been doing.
- Wednesday Night Bible Class – We will continue to meet outside for the adult class (and livestream) on Wednesday nights but the other classes for children through high school will now meet in classrooms inside. It’s possible that the junior high/high school class may still meet outside but that will be at the discretion of the Deacons overseeing and the teachers.
Please note that the ability to meet inside for our children’s Bible Classes(in groups of 10 or less) has been confirmed by the County’s Public Health Department. The excerpt from the e-mail entitled “Faith Based Weekly Update” from Dr. Simranjit Dhillon with Public Health and is pasted below for reference:
Can a Bible Study Meet If the Group is 10 or Less in Different Classrooms?
- Yes, as discussed on the call bible study groups can meet in small cohorts in different classrooms, however, please limit people moving from cohort to cohort. This can greatly reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and please note masking and distancing guidelines. Additional information will be provided at the early part of next week.
Changes Beginning Sunday, October 4th
Beginning Sunday, October 4th – we will begin Bible Class on Sunday morning under the same conditions as Wednesday Night and will revert to our normal meeting times:
- Sunday Morning Bible Classes – Will begin meeting at 9:30am. Bible Class will be offered as it is on Wednesday Night and children may meet inside while socially distanced with a maximum of 10 per classroom.
- Sunday Morning Worship – Will return to meeting at our “normal” time of 10:30am outside.
The Elders are very aware of the challenges we face with the upcoming weather changes and are working to take steps that allow maximum participation and as many opportunities to both worship and study God’s word as we can do safely.
How is your spiritual health? Can we help you in any way? Please don’t forget about your spiritual health and we encourage your participation in Bible learning, worship and fellowship.
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” – Col 3:16
Have a great day and may God bless us in our continued work for Him,
The Elders of the Clovis Church of Christ